Salt Sisters South West | beginner sea swims, beach yoga & midlife female friendship
- Are you curious about the trending health benefits of sea swimming, but haven’t been in the water since you were a child?
- Do you need some encouragement to get in the sea? (who doesn’t!)
- Do you need to rediscover some lost pieces of yourself?
- Are you longing to find some new female connections and friendships?
- Do you prefer being outside in the fresh air – and wish you could better use your outdoor time to get your sensations tingling, blood pumping, your heart beating, to get fitter and stronger?
- Are you anxious to reconnect with fitness, and the gym isn’t for you, but you know you need to do…something?
Salt Sisters South West is a small community of midlife women based in Minehead, West Somerset. We come from all walks of life, but share a love for gently challenging our bodies, having fun together outdoors. and for the coastal waters that surround our home town. Created very recently in Summer 2021, our little group is incredibly informal, and none of us are qualified to teach sea swimming, so this is simply a way to gather with likeminded women, and possibly to dip a toe in the water for the first time in…decades! We will be there to squeal along with you :)
In the summer months we also gather for Sunrise Sessions – early morning beach yoga (followed by a swim, if the tide is right and the waves are flat!) The yoga session is led by Luisa and payments are donation-based. In 2021 Sunrise Sessions have entirely funded the building and creation of the new Little Free Library in Minehead, which is also coastal themed, and includes sea-inspired books for both adults and children, to borrow.
Currently we all stay in touch via Messenger. Get in touch if you would like to be added.